Sunday, August 27, 2017



I don't shoot many weddings but Gav is a great old friend so of course I said yes to his and Nicola's wedding in a forest in Bristol. I brought the D700 with the 24-70 and the D300 with the 50 (travelling light I was thinking of leaving this at home).

Everything was going great, lots of pre-ceremony shots, but as Nicola walked down the aisle the D700 decided it wasn't going to fire, I don't know if it was because of the heat and humidity (the front rubber buckled and came away, and the back rubber melted off) or just stupid luck.

A moment of panic set in, but I switched to the D300 and of course becuase it had the 50mm as the back....had to back up as it was too close. I switched back forth between it and the D700 (which was firing maybe one every 10 tries) and did the best I could with the ceremony. After that I had a bit of time to calm the brain down and switch lenses and shoot mainly with the D300 for the official shots, managing a few backup shots here and there with the D700.

That is why I don't shoot weddings often, but it was pleasure to shoot for Nicola and Gav, and I wish them the best of luck in their future together.














No comments:

Post a Comment