With another budget coming up, more cuts, more taxes, up to 20,000 people took to the streets to protest the budget being released on December 5th . Organised (unpopular to many) by the unions, there was a great turn-out, with about 75% of the crowd being mage up of community groups, Sinn Féin, SWP and the United Left Alliance and the other 25% a number of the unions.
After the march a number of people made speeches including ICTU's Eugene McGlone to a rather frosty crowd reception!
Later SIPTU's Jack O'Connor said the crowd acted likes fascists at their booing of Eugene McGlone and blamed it on Sinn Féin and ULA. As far as I could see it was spontaneous, by many in the crowd.
Injuries still at me so minimal gear, just the 50mm. Anyway, some photos of the day.